The illness named aortic aneurysm is quite dangerous and can be life-threatening if not treated at the right time. One might or might not have heard about it earlier and might not be sure as to what it truly is and what are the symptoms that can help a person know that they need to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
So what is an aortic aneurysm?
Every person has the main blood vessel in their abdomen known as the aorta. This blood vessel is responsible for delivering blood to the body from the heart to the chest and then to the torso and when the aorta gets enlarged, that is when a person develops an aortic aneurysm. An aortic aneurysm causes the aorta to swell up like a balloon. This illness is most common in smokers and older men.
The reason why it can be life-threatening is that if not treated in the proper way or at the right time, it can burst. One should keep in mind that there are primarily two different forms of aortic aneurysms. The first kind is known as abdominal aortic aneurysm and the other goes by the name of thoracic aortic aneurysm, and both of them are equally dangerous. One must keep a watch for aortic aneurysm symptoms to visit the doctor at the right time.
How to know if a person has an aortic aneurysm?
Knowing if a person is suffering from it needs a lot of attention. The symptoms of a thoracic aortic aneurysm and the symptoms of an abdominal aortic aneurysm are quite different from each other.
So first, let us have a look at the symptoms for a thoracic aortic aneurysm:
- One might experience pain in the chest or the back
- One’s voice may turn hoarse
- An individual may experience breathing problems
- Breathing or swallowing may become difficult for a person
- A person might suffer from uncontrollable coughing
The symptoms for an abdominal aortic aneurysm include:
- A person might experience terrible back pain.
- Since it is an abdominal aortic aneurysm, a person might experience terrible pain on the side of their abdomen.
- A person may experience a kind of throbbing feeling in the vicinity of their navel.
What are the causes for an aortic aneurysm?
When it comes to the causes, several factors play an important role in it. According to doctors, some of them include:
- Having a high blood pressure level
- Excessive smoking
- Infections of injuries in a person’s aorta can cause the swelling
- A person can be born with it.
- People having Marfan syndrome can easily develop an aortic aneurysm.
So after knowing everything about what an aortic aneurysm is, any person currently residing in Hyderabad might be wondering about which doctor to go to. Visit Dr Alla Gopala Krishna Gokhale to receive the best aortic aneurysm treatment in Telangana. Currently, Dr Gokhale is the leading doctor in India who has treated his patients with utmost expertise. Suffering from an aortic aneurysm? Visit Dr Gokhale for immediate solutions.