Heart diseases are one of the most common ailments among adults, especially with unhealthy food consumption patterns. It can be tough to restrict oneself to a regular diet, however, maintaining your body weight and implementing increased activities can surely boost your heart health.
With times pacing towards growing importance extended to fitness through nutritious food and exercising, enhancing one’s health is easier than ever. Rightfully said, prevention is always a better cure.
To encourage improved heart health and boosted blood circulation, we have elaborated on a list of the best exercises to reduce heart rate benefiting heart patients with a longer and healthier life.
1. Cardio: Without a doubt, Cardio is one of the best exercises to strengthen your heart with its group of muscle stimulating exercises that directly impact the cardiovascular system. For patients with cholesterol and blood pressure, it can be an ideal option. With increased heart rate, the blood flow, and blood vessels in your body function with efficiency. It further boosts the supply of sufficient oxygen throughout the body. Cardio exercises also referred to as aerobics, include stretching, other low and high-impact moves.
2. Brisk Walking: While walking might seem like a simple everyday task, it has more to it than just that. One certainly can’t emphasize enough how important it is to take walks each day. Brisk walking refers to fast-paced walks taken to induce increased fat burning and boosted heart rate. Further, one won’t feel the need to take out time from their busy routine, since brisk walks can be taken as and whenever one has to travel for work.
3. Training with weights: Weight training generally refers to exercises conducted with the addition of weights as per one’s preference. This helps build muscles that support the entire blood circulation procedure and improve heart health. Generally, one needs a gym setup or readily available weights to practice the same.
4. Swimming: If you are wondering, swimming is just a water sport for competing as a professional or for going out on a bright summer day, then you’re wrong. Swimming can be a favorable exercise to work your entire body and at the same time to keep your heart fit.
5. Yoga: Yoga enables the practicing of endless postures, which involves stretching, steady breathing, and effective exercises. While it is ideal for many reasons like enhanced flexibility in your body, it also guides you to attain fitness of heart, mind, and body.
6. Cycling and training with intervals: Cycling has to be one of the healthiest activities with proven outcomes of reduced risk of heart diseases and improvements in the functioning of the leg with reduced joint pain. Training with intervals comprises a short period of high-intensity workouts followed by a longer duration of low impact exercises as intervals.
These heart-strengthening exercises promote not just heart health but overall bodily fitness. Seeking the guidance of a medical expert becomes essential to treat the disease appropriately. Dr. Gokhale is a renowned, extensively experienced, reliable doctor, servicing treatments like a heart transplant, valve, and heart surgery, and much more.